At an earthly hour, as I walked past,
A much acquainted chain of stores,
A little girl bumped into my legs,
She looked up at me, she changed my day.
First came the smile, her hands followed,
“Pick me up, carry me please”
I mutely followed, trying to remember,
If she had indeed spoken a word.
She looked at me such curiosity,
Gently touched my hair,
“What’s your name?” I caught myself asking,
“Kaira”, Kaira and a smile.
She giggled, and then stifled her giggles.
She blushed and pointed to the clouds.
I held her tiny body close to my heart,
She held me with trust that shook my confidence.
A tap on my shoulder and I knew what it meant.
“Kaira, come to mama” she said,
And in that most minuscule moment of giving her up,
I felt what it felt like to be mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
nice one... am karthik from chennai... wanna be frnds??
Post a Comment