Tuesday, October 21, 2008

From the closet

These two I fished out from a notepad, written a very long time ago. Not really sure when.

Today

A vast expanse lies ahead
The frothy mass roars in turmoil,
The horizon, indomitable.
The solitude, overwhelming.

Blood gushes and beats ferociously in your brain,
A meek existence of the sorts,
Life, in it's entirety is overwhelming.
Listen to the voice in your head.

Take time to think, think alone,
Don't let the vastness dampen your spirit,
The power of one, the power of you.
Seal your purpose of existence today.

I remember the one below was written during one of my zoology classes..

Sound - an art of sight.

Disconnected, left with the sounds of the self,
In a classroom, oblivious to sound.
Chalk scraping furiously away,
Chalk powder screaming to get away,
Rise and unite with the muskiness in the room,
Descends, it does, on drumming fingers.
Perceive these events I do out of sight.
Sense sound through sight? No, not a phase.
Oblivious to sound, I am all the time.
Blessed with eight eyes, eight legs to scurry me home.
Sound to me, is an art of sight.

Warning: This is fiction, spiders can hear! Just that they use the hair on their legs to localise the origin on the sound.

1 comment:

Mitha said...

love the second one..its so original..and i didnt realise it was supposed to be abt spiders..cause the same applies for us..