Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Only Time Will Tell

Pinkish amber flooded the setting sky
As I looked on from my Kingfisher window
A bothersome man filled the other half,
Of my quite distracted, tired mind.
To rest or not to rest my arm, ah, so let him be.
To read or not to read, Archer had managed to capture my attention.
‘Only time will tell’, profound, Archer style
I plod on, through the prelude,
I hold the thought a moment longer,
And rewind, ‘Only time will tell’?
How much can time tell, time heal,
Time make you un-feel,
How much can time make you forget,
Want you to remember?
How much can time teach,
Make you repent? Regret? Re-learn?
And yet, how much can time give, forgive
Allow you to savour that one extra moment.
The big man moved, it irked me, I lost my thought
And suddenly, the aircraft dipped
I slipped, my heart tensed and the old man snorted.
The second one came right after the first
This time he awoke, “Kya hua, what’s happening?”
The stewards rushed to their seats in obvious hurry,
The captains voice echoed through our fear
“Please don’t worry, we’re running in to some turbulent weather”
And as he rattled off the rest of his re-assurance,It hit me.
As it hit them.
Panic, confusion, the thud of your heart
It can’t be happening, it can’t be true,
And yet, the earth gave way.
Despair, oh where, do we go?
A crack in the earth, a mighty tear in it’s wake,
In that moment I was transported
To Japan, to pounding hearts and gripping fear
And as the kingfisher steadied itself
I tried to focus on a moist page
Only time will tell.

No comments: