Monday, December 09, 2013

Freefall

The world as I know it,
And all it’s people
Have disappeared
The air is cold and bitter
And smells of mangled metal
And burning plastic
The chill in the air isn’t crisp but evil
Shards of stained glass lie shattered
Green bills and notes lie scattered
Remains of books are blatant
Lifeless residue of plants fill crevices
The stillness is haunting.
Tomorrow sounds daunting
 
The world as I know it,
And all it’s happiness
Has disappeared
Relationships are non existent
Existence becomes life
Life cannot live
Hate cannot love
Ego and anger clouds minds
And clouded minds cry
Power and fame drive actions
And Dreams die
Nobody has questioned why
It all came to this.
 
In that instant of fear,
I blink, and stumble.
Struggle to regain my foothold,
Fail and trip,
Over the shredded glass and massive egos
And fall.
Freefall, in to a hole,
That wasn’t there before I blinked.
A terrifying calm seeps in
I accelerate in to nothing.
In moments, I stir
Feeling shaken and taut,
Pull a band aid over my open wound.

No comments: